Willamette Dental Group has expanded available appointments to include select orthodontic procedures at select locations. Our teams are busy reaching out to all orthodontic patients to schedule appointments at select offices with priority going to patients with urgent needs.
- In the first two weeks of resumed appointments, we will focus on patients who had recent emergency appointments and patients with appliances that need to be maintained more urgently.
- After seeing patient with urgent orthodontic needs, we will open to scheduling regular, routine ortho visits with priority going to those patients who has scheduled appointments canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- For select orthodontists, you may be asked to travel to a nearby location during this time that is different from your normal ortho office.
At this time, we are postponing orthodontic consultations and banding appointments. Timing for resuming those appointments will be determined based on our ability to maintain social distancing and other safety protocols at each of our offices. For more information on our enhanced in-office safety protocols, please visit our COVID-19 FAQ page.
The resources below are here to help our orthodontic patients avoid any issues during this time. In the event you are experiencing pain from your orthodontic appliances, please contact us so we can schedule an appointment.
How To Reduce Your Risk of Orthodontic Issues
- Avoid hard, sticky, or chewy foods. These items are more likely to cause orthodontic brackets to break or bend wires which could result in pain or discomfort.
- Continue thorough brushing and flossing to reduce the risk of infected gum tissue or dental decay.
- Regularly replace your toothbrush or toothbrush head on an electric toothbrush for more effective brushing.
- For patients with rubber bands – if you have been wearing rubber bands on your braces and it has been longer than 8 weeks since you last saw your orthodontist, you should discontinue wearing them unless specifically contacted by your orthodontist with different instructions. For some orthodontic treatments, unsupervised elastic wear can result in over treatment or other undesirable side effects.
All patients in active Invisalign treatment have been contacted by their Willamette Dental Group ortho office to coordinate the next steps in treatment during this time. If you are an active Invisalign patient and have any additional questions, please call us at 1-855-433-6825.